Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dozing Off In Central Virginia

I realize you thought this would be another church blog, but it's not. I have rarely had issues with sleep, but I'm aware that it's an epidemic. Many people don't prefer medication of any kind and others find sleeping pills don't leave them refreshed in the morning.

Dr. Mattews Office at 66 Timbrook Cour Lynchburg advertises assistance in sleep quality and a holistic approach to well being. I have never been there personally, but I have been to who I assume to be Dr. Luedke's husband and I found him to be very pleasant (he also thought I was amusing, which scored him big points).

It is also possible you may have sleep apnea and don't realize it. If this is the case, you'll need to be tested so that you can start receiving treatments. Lynchburg Oral surgery can schedule an appointment online to diagnose you. Follow the link for a list of participating insurances.

Another option could be to change your mattress. I've had issues with this very thing lately and visited the Great American Sleep Shop on Lakeside Drive. Although I'm not entirely enthused about their hours of operation, I found the sales personnel to be friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. I thought their prices were both reasonable and lower prices as well, considering I bought my last mattress at Mattress Warehouse. They have been locally owned and operated for 30 years.

Finally, I can make a suggestion I have actually experienced myself. Vital Edge Health Store in Altavista sells a tea that a friends personally recommended. He referred me to the beverage, describing it as a "relaxation" drink. We could all use a little relaxation at a stressful job--couldn't we?

Little did I know that half way through the bottle of "Bob Marley's Mellow Mood Black Tea" (the fact that it's black tea causes me to chuckle every time) I would struggle not to fall completely into a dark and silent sleep during work hours. It's 100% natural...and I can't help but suspect it has more "herbs" in it than what is advertised on the label...







1 comment: